Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells Review
Are you tired of paying expensive gym fees to get regular workouts? Purchasing an affordable adjustable dumbbell set, such as those from Yes4All, is the perfect option.
Both beginners and advanced users will find Yes4All adjustable dumbbells to provide just what they need for home workouts. They eliminate the need for having a whole set of fixed-weight dumbbells, helping you save space. Even without a fully-fledged home gym, it is easier to store and use these compact dumbbells.
In this Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells review, we discuss everything you need to know about this company’s products. Let’s dive right into it!
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells Specifications
- Weight range: 5 to 52.5lbs. The upper limit may change to 40lbs, 50lbs, 60lbs, 100lbs, 105lbs, 190lbs, or 200lbs
- Dimensions: 6.5 (W) x 6.5 (H) x 16 (L) inches
- Weight Increments: 1.25, 2.5, or 5.0lbs
- Handle Diameter: 1.25 inches
- Warranty: 5 years
- Color: Black
- Coated material: Powder-coated finish
- Material: Iron
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells Build Quality
With their all-metal construction, Yes4All dumbbells are some of the most durable. They hardly integrate any flimsy plastic parts that could lessen their life in your home gym.
The cast-iron weight plates have a black powder-coated finish that prevents them from rusting. Besides, the dumbbell is compact, and the powder coating hardly comes off, protecting your clothes from stains.
The weight plates are smooth and do not contain bumps that could render them virtually unusable.
Each weight plate has a rubber ring around it, ensuring that you pick them whole when they fall. Also, the rubber rings help to minimize noise as you lift and drop them during workouts.
When the rubber gets worn out, you can replace them with ones. As a testament to the high-quality construction, the company offers a 10-year warranty and a 60-day money-back guarantee on its products.
From all the different weight categories, Yes4All adjustable dumbbells have their weight plates in various sizes. The largest among these is the 5-pound weight plate with a 6.5-inch diameter, which is the largest dumbbell. Overall, the dumbbell set is less bulky than some of the other products on the market.
With their 16-inches length, the bars are a little longer than the usual 14-inch threaded bars. The bars have a 1.25-inch diameter, just like the weight plate homes. Therefore, the two fit perfectly together to provide more secure workouts.
The steel dumbbell bars have a glittering chrome finish and knurled grips. Users can get hold of the handles and start exercising without worrying about them slipping out of hand. But it requires seasoned users to hold the knurled handles firmly with minimum pressure.
For beginners, rubber-coated handles are always the best. Since rubber isn’t an option here, you may use workout gloves to improve your grip on the handles.
Its bards have threaded sleeves, which work together with a pair of threaded collars that tighten well to prevent the weight plates from wobbling during workouts.
Each bar also has two rubber gaskets for covering the bars’ stoppers. The purpose of the rubber gaskets is to prevent the weight plates from knocking against each other. Suppose you live with others in the same house. You wouldn’t hear complaints about rattling noise when you go to the gym.
Adjustment System and Weight Increments
The Yes4All adjustable dumbbells come with a simple adjustment system that lets you quickly load weights plates on the bars. After that, you can secure the leaves using the collars and go on with your workouts.
With this adjustment system, don’t expect fast results. Instead, you will have to wait for anywhere between 45 and 50 seconds, which isn’t that bad. Even though the spinlock collar system isn’t the most secure, it makes the dumbbells affordable.
Here is a breakdown of what you can expect from each of the weight categories:
- 40lbs Set: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 5-pound plates, and four 3-pound plates. That means you can make adjustments in terms of 3-pound, 5-pound, 6-pound, and 10-pound increments.
- 40lbs set with Dumbbell Connector Combo: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 5-pound plates, four 3-pound plates, and one dumbbell connector. The adjustable dumbbell allows for 3-pound, 5-pound, 6-pound, and 10-pound increments whenever you make weight adjustments.
- 50lbs Set: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 3-pound plates, and four 7.5-pound plates. The dumbbell set provides for 3-pound, 6-pound, 7.5 pound, and 15-pound increments.
- 50lbs set with Dumbbell Connector Combo: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 3-pound plates, four 7.5-pound plates, and one dumbbell connector. With that, you get 3-pound, 6-pound, 7.5 pound, and 15-pound increments.
- 52.5lbs Set: One 5-pound handle, two collars, eight 5-pound plates, two 2.5-pound plates, and two 1.25-pound plates. With this dumbbell set, you can have 1.25-pound, 2.5-pound, 5-pound, and 10-pound increments.
- 60lbs Set: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 5-pound plates, four 8-pound plates. You can adjust it in 5-pound, 8-pound, 10-pound, and 16-pound increments.
- 60lbs set with Dumbbell Connector Combo: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 5-pound plates, four 8-pound plates, and one dumbbell connector. With that, you can have 5-pound, 8-pound, 10-pound, and 16-pound increments.
- 100lbs set with Dumbbell Connector Combo: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 2.5-pound plates, sixteen 5-pound plates, and one dumbbell connector. It allows you to make 2.5-pound, 5-pound, and 10-pound increments.
- 105lbs Set: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, sixteen 5-pound plates, four 2.5-pound plates, and four 1.25-pound plates. You can make 1.25-pound, 2.5-pound, 5-pound, and 10-pound increments, depending on your workout goals.
- 105lbs set with Wrist Straps: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, sixteen 5-pound plates, four 2.5-pound plates, four 1.25-pound plates, and two wrist straps. It is possible to make 1.25-pound, 2.5-pound, 5-pound, and 10-pound increments, depending on your workout goals
- 190lbs set with Dumbbell Connector Combo: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 5-pound plates, sixteen 10-pound plates, and one dumbbell connector. The dumbbell set supports 5-pound, 10-pound, and 20-pound increments.
- 200lbs Set: Two 5-pound handles, four collars, four 2.5-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, and sixteen 10-pound plates. With this dumbbell set, you get 2.5-pound, 5-pound, 10-pound, and 20-pound increments depending on your workout goals.
Yes4All adjustable dumbbells come in one of the broadest variety of weight categories. Thus, you can use them for lighter aerobic exercises as well and more rigorous strength training. The dumbbells are great for both beginners and advanced users looking to do the following activities:
- Weighted crunches
- Flat bench presses
- Concentration curls
- Bicep curls
- Dumbbell rows
- Incline dumbbell flies
- Push presses
- Overhead tricep extensions
- Alternated shoulder presses
- Dumbbell squats
- Stiff-legged deadlift
- One-legged toe raise
- Elevated single-led squat
- Dumbbell swing through
Yes4All Customer Reviews
Yes4All adjustable dumbbells have received over 10,000 customer ratings on Amazon at the time of writing this, pointing to the brand’s popularity as a provider of excellent workout equipment.
Of all the ratings received, 72 percent are 5-star, 16 percent 4-star, 6 percent 3-star, 2 percent 2-star, and 4 percent 1-star. That means that the positive ratings are 88 percent, which is impressive by any standards. Overall, the product has a 4.5-star rating.
One of the significant benefits that users have enjoyed is the affordable price that has made it possible for them to get heavy equipment cheaply. Many of those who mentioned the fee said it is the most affordable anywhere.
Other users praised the dumbbell set for the robust build quality that makes it possible to support rigorous workouts.
However, there are complaints about the knurled hands being too rough to the hands. Others also noted the pits in the castings, which make the dumbbells challenging to use.
Weight plates coming loose mid-workout and inaccurate weights are the other major issues reported by users. Even though some users had said it is affordable, others complained about the price being too high for the build quality.
- Features a robust, all-metal construction that excludes plastic parts that could break easily
- Versatile in the sense that it allows for multiple weight combos for trying out different types of exercises
- Saving on space by having one adjustable dumbbell replace more than 10 of their fixed counterparts
- Features a durable enamel finish on the plates and chrome finish on the handles to keep away rust.
- Enables the creation of an offset weight by adding one or more weights to both sides for intense workouts
- It comes in different weight categories, including 40lbs, 50lbs, 52.5lbs, 60lbs, 100lns, 105lbs, 190lbs, and 200lds
- Features an anti-slip, firm-grip handle that makes it easier and safer during rigorous workouts
- Great for different types of exercises
- Beginners find knurled handles a bit too aggressive
- It takes time to adjust the weight
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells Review-Bottom Line
The Yes4All traditional adjustable dumbbell look makes it a must-have for those looking for durable, functional workout equipment. Apart from providing one of the broadest weight ranges, it is also one of the most affordable.
You can use it for different types of exercises, including the simplest and the most complex. It is excellent for both beginners and advanced users looking to improve their fitness levels.
If you are looking for an affordable, classic, and versatile adjustable dumbbell set, stop right here and purchase this one.